Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

YOSEF'S BLANKET




The noted author/illustrator of many wonderful picture books, Patricia Polacco, was motivated by her personal memories. Though I was not born in an Eastern European village, my grandparents were...and they instilled in me the culture of those shtetls. Many traditional stories had a special kind of humor which I hope comes through in this story.

That is what motivated me to write Yosef's Blanket! In addition, I was influenced by the wonderful, Caldecott medal picture book story by Simms Taback called "Joseph Had A Little Overcoat."

In this story, Yosef jumps to an irrational conclusion and no amount of reasoning would change his mind.

A few of the words are in Yiddish. Click on the words for the definitions.


1 comment:

  1. you wrote very very nice story I liked this fully motivational.........

    HNI calls

    ReplyDelete